Thursday, August 15, 2013

Hola! Buenos Dias,



Well I have done it! I made it a week in the MTC without loosing any vital body parts or organs! :D its been great here just super busy. I got here last Wednesday, August 7th and it has been non-stop work since the moment that I walked in.

 When I got here my companion, Elder Parker, was a little more advanced in Spanish and got moved up to the intermediate Spanish class! Because of the change I have two companions now! I had been sharing a room with both of these Elders prior to the change. The first companion is Elder Rushton, Elder Rushton is from Orange County, California and has lived and grown up in California his whole life. He was born and raised in the church. He loves to surf and hang with friends. he is a great companion. Elder Kershaw is my second companion. Elder Kershaw just like Elder Rushton was born and raised in the church. He lives here in SLC and playes for the SLCC soccer team! He has a walk on spot to the team when he gets home in two years! I have a pretty cool district most of us are from Utah, but there is Elder Rushton and Elder Rolph (another Elder in my district) who are from California (Elder Rushton) and Mesa Arizona (Elder Rolph). Elder Rolph is such a funny guy. I think every day we have been her we have had a realy good laugh because of something he said. The best part is that he does not try he is just naturally funny! 

It was a crazy first week! We were told by other Elders and Sisters who had been here a few weeks to make it to Sunday and it would be easier. We made it to Sunday and this week has gone by a lot faster. Last week was kind of slow because Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday we were in the classroom all day doing either personal study, language study, or additional study.

This week we have been teaching our first investigator David. It was hard because I don't know a lot of Spanish yet, but when we went in to teach David I was able to bear my testimony and give some thought to the message with the little Spanish I do know and something sparked in David, and we got him to commit to baptism last night!!! So maybe I won't be too bad of a missionary!

On Tuesday we had a devotional at the Marriot Center on the BYU campus and we got to hear from Richard G Scott of the Quorm of the 12! It was so cool and the message was based on missionaries who are going to a foreign mission. 

I think that about sums up the week. One last note I would love to get hand written letters or Dear Elder. The way Dear Elder works is you can send me a letter and it can be delivered that same day as long as the letter is submitted by 12 pm that day. Otherwise I will get the letter the next day. My mailing information is below. I love you guys so much and miss you all!

Hope to hear from you soon! please feel free to write!

Much love,
Elder Brett Darcy

If you want to write my the mailing info is:
Elder Brett Jeffrey Darcy
Sep 16 MEX-MCC
2009 N 900 E Unit 125
Provo UT, 84602



                                     
                                          Elder Parker and Elder Darcy


                                         Elder Rushton, Elder Kershaw, Elder Darcy


                                          The Book of Mormon in a nutshell
                                                  
This afternoon Brett sent the following message to his Grandma:

We rode Front Runner and Trax to the Mexican Consulate. It is in the weirdest place ever.
It would have been the last place that I would have ever guessed. Its behind Spring Mobile Ball Park, the Bees Stadium.

Brett has his visa and will be going to Mexico City when he is finished in the MTC.

No comments:

Post a Comment