Thursday, September 12, 2013

A week and a half to go in the MTC


September 5, 2013

Familia!

I have a lot to talk about before I get to yesterday, but first lets talk about the rest of the week! last weekend we found out that we were loosing one of our teachers Hna. Vawdrey 
Because of the way her school schedule worked out at BYU. So we got a new teacher and it was tough because we are only with this new teacher for a week and a half. The cool part is that our new teacher,  her name is hna. Luna, is she is from Mexico! We are teaching her investigator though (her) and the investigators name is Sandra and she is Jewish which has made it really hard to teach her. but we have here reading the Book Of Mormon!!

Sunday was my first and only fast Sunday here in the CCM. Fasting was surprisingly easy for the first part of the day. Then we got down to the hour before we were to eat dinner and I got really shaky and dizzy so I had to break my fast an hour early and eat something:/ the Devotional was cool the speaker was the former president of the CCM (MTC) in the Philippines and i was sitting on the first row of the bleachers and from there he looked and sounded like president Bush:D 

Ok Drum roll please........

Yesterday wed Sept. 4th 2013 I Elder Darcy hosted and was the missionary for the teaching experience!! Yesterday our district got the chance to host! We had about 600+
Missionaries come. They said we would be only helping 2 each........I ended up helping 4! the four missionaries that I had did great and are super excited to be here! All four of my missionaries are going to: Arizona, Mexico City South, California Fresno, and Oakland (speaking Cambodian)! It was so much fun and I would do it again!!

For the teaching experience all we had to do was go in and start a lesson for a room full of new missionaries. 

That about sums up my adventures for this week! I will hopefully be updating you with the travel plans next week!

Love you all so much!

Love 
Elder Darcy :D

No comments:

Post a Comment