Thursday, September 12, 2013

Final Week in the MTC and Birthday Wishes in the MTC

Hola!

Wow it is crazy how fast the time has gone here! I can't believe that in a few short day that I will be in Mexico! I am so grateful to all of you for your letters, prayers, and care packages to help me through the MTC. It's been another eventful week here in the MTC.

Let me start with Friday.  At lunch we received our travel plans! I am going from here to Phoenix and then after a short layover  to Mexico City on September 16th, one day after I turn 19. I have to be at the MTC travel office by 3:30 AM! it is  crazy to believe it's finally here! Focusing has been a little hard knowing we are leaving in a few short days...but time is still going fast!

Sunday we had personal interviews with our Branch Presidency. I met  with the first councilor and he told me that i was special and that my Mission President was lucky to have me going to that mission. he told me he can see the spirit working through me and said I will make a great example when I have my time in leadership.

Monday and Tuesday were all right nothing exciting then yesterday I got to host again!! it was a lot of fun to help the new missionaries come in. I helped four again going to Tennessee, Eugene Oregon, St. Louis, and Eugene. The last elder I helped was just like us. The family and him was all weepy cause he had a close bond with his family, as we got to his class the door was closed and I gave him some advise. I  told him "I want you to do one more thing I want you to always write your family. They are here to support you. As their first missionary and they love you,  trust me I know.  When your littler sibblings write you with pictures you hang those pictures up and you will be the coolest Elder ever. Make sure you write them back and when they see your letter it will make their day and they will talk about it forever!" It was a pretty cool experience being the one to give advice to a younger missionary coming in.


Brett hosting new missionaries coming to the MTC on September 4, 2013





 

At dinner I received packages from home for my birthday! THANK YOU SO MUCH!! Please let the York's know how much I appreciated their donation to my birthday. (Brett was sent a Ipod Nano filled with Church music and some small speakers to listen to it with.) When I saw what was sent my jaw just dropped! Thank you a hundred times over!!
 
Tomorrow we have the in-field orientation. It is 6 1/2 hours long session about public etiquette. Since some of us have been couped up here in the MTC for 6 weeks and our only time in public has been walking to the exercise field or to the temple this will help us as we get out into the mission field in our respective missions. We had our last gym time on Monday since we hosted yesterday. On Saturday during our gym time we are suppose to used the time to pack and get ready to go. We will have a last few moments on Sunday to make our final preparations.
 
I can' t wait to talk to you some of my family on Monday prior to flying out. I should be through security at about 5:30-5:45
Well i think that is about it for this week! its crazy that going to Mexico is already here!!
 
I love you all so much!! I want you to know that yo se que vida me redentor. yo se que Thomas S. Monson es el profeta verdadero! yo se que eso porque el salvador jesucristo murio en la cruz y suffrir en el jarden de gethsemene nosotros podemos regresar con dios y jesucristo. you soy un represantante y missionario de jesucristo y yo creo en cristo! (I know that my redeemer lives. I know Thomas S. Monson is a true prophet of god! I know that because Jesus Christ died on the cross and suffred for our sins in the garden of Gethsemane we can return home to live with God and him. I am a representitive and missionary of Jesus Christ and I belive in Christ!)
 
I love you guy so much and cant wait to talk to you on Monday!

Love,
 
Elder Darcy

No comments:

Post a Comment