Sunday, March 30, 2014

Teotihuacan!! (Tea-o-tea-wha-con)









February 24, 2014

MI FAMILIA Y AMIGOS COMO LES VA??
 
As the topic says today I had the chance to go to Teotihuacan (pronounced Tea-o-tea-wha-con). It was the coolest experience ever! We are allowed to go once before the end of our mission. This time I was invited to go so I will still have on more chance to go before the end of my mission. Tt was so cool! but before we get today lets talk about the week first! we just worked a lot  f and WE BAPTIZED AGAIN!! So here is the story with that:
Last month when Elder Lopéz and I arrived her in Tlaltenco we had a lesson with a recent convert  and in that lesson we find out that this ladies daughter had been to church every week  minus one Sunday and was ready to be baptized. So we invited her to be baptized and then we talked with our Zone Leaders and they said that she needs to attend church 3 more weeks and we can baptize her! The next lesson we invited her to be baptized with a date and she accepted! she came to church every Sunday after.  The week of her interview we were preparing for her interview and baptism. A few days from her interview she and her boyfriend broke up. She was crushed, this came out of no where and without explanation. He sent a text and said they were through and all that. So we were slightly worried,  but the night of her interview she showed up and she had her interview. Then this week she got baptized! It was so cool to see her change! 
Other than that the week was going good, and then last night we got a call saying that today we were invited to go to Teotihuacan! And that it would not count for my permission and so we went! It was the coolest thing ever! We had a guided tour with the Book of Mormon!! It was so cool to see all the ruins and climb the different pyramids! I think the weirdest part about it is that there were a lot of Americans there (tourists) and they started to talk to me in clear English and I will say it was a little hard to talk to them after talking Spanish the last 5 months! But it was cool! at first and the Elder from my group, Elder Huefner and I, were like there are white people and they speak crisp English......THEY ARE AMERICANS!! it was supper different!
 
It was truly amazing today and I did my "window shopping" today to know what I want when I go again! the only thing that I bought was a Mayan calendar for 20 pesos! that is like $1.50 there in the U.S

I hope all is well I love you guys and am looking forward to emailing next week because we have changes again and it sounded like the president was convinced that I am training this next cycle. So I will know if I am training or not tonight! that is because if I am then I go to Chalco tomorrow for a new trainers meeting! that is why we know a week before changes! And we are also getting a new zone/splitting a zone! so I will have all that next week!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Love you all y yo espero todos tienen un buen semana!
 
Elder Darcy!
--
Elder Brett Jeffrey Darcy
Calle Porvenir No. 8
Col. Centro, Chalco
Edo. De Mèxico
C.P. 56600, Mèxico

No comments:

Post a Comment