Sunday, June 8, 2014

Week 39: 9 Months in....WHAT?‏

May 5, 2014

Well it's like the Subject says this Wednesday I will be completing 9 months in my mission from the day that I went into the MTC!  Before I know it I will be there at a year at the top of the hill looking down on what is to come! It's so crazy but I am absolutely loving being out here right now! it´s amazing how much I have felt the spirit of the Lord in the work here! I have fully come to believe it does not matter leader or no leader, whatever area that I am in I am called there by the Lord through revelation through a member of the 12 Apostles.

But this week was good! we did a lot of work and we had some adventures too!! It was kind of a fast week we hit Saturday and we were like oh no the week is over what are we going to do? so yes it was fast! 

So first off with the work one of the cooler things that we had this week is that the hna we have a date with for the 17th of may is getting married! Very cool!  The only thing that was holding her back to get baptized was getting married and she is doing that this Wednesday!!! I'm excited for her because she is truly amazing! The Hermana told us that she has her answer and that she know that it´s true. A few weeks ago she went to the visitors center at the temple and bought her scriptures and a hymn book! She also bought 6-7 movies of the church. when she told us this I was like WOW that's truly amazing because she is not a member yet and she is buying these things.... what???? but she is going to be ready for her baptism on the 17th!

So this week we did take a couple of trips to my old areas!! Elder Ragle had gotten an eye infection in his upper eyelid and so we had to go to Valle de Chalco to see the mission doctor. To get there we had to go straight through Independencia 1, my first area of where I was when I arrived in the mission field. As we had gone through there it was weird to think that I was there in September almost one year ago and that so much time has passed since I left there. As we drove back through to return to our area I thought of the person and the Elder that I was then and who I am now and I can see that I have had quite a change in myself! 

The second trip was to Tlaltenco 2 my last area. Elder Ragle had also caught a stomach infection from something, maybe the food we are not use to. All is well, Elder Ragle is doing better,  but Saturday and Sunday were long days. I truly saw the power of the Priesthood yesterday. Before we went to the doctors Elder Ragle had asked for a blessing and to sleep for a little bit because he had not slept at all the night before!  We gave him a blessing and he went to his bed and layed down and was out cold in a matter of seconds and did not move or wake up for several hours after that. It was so amazing to see the Priesthood work like that through the power that we have from our Father In Heaven. I was like wow our Father in Heaven is bien poderoso! so it was a cool experience!!


I love you all and bless that you have a good mothers day week! and oh ya HAPPY CINCO DE MAYO!!!


Love,

Elder Darcy

 --
Elder Brett Jeffrey Darcy
Calle Porvenir No. 8
Col. Centro, Chalco
Edo. De Mèxico
C.P. 56600, Mèxico

No comments:

Post a Comment