Saturday, June 7, 2014

Week 38: Who you callin Gueto? ;)‏


April 28, 2014



I have decided to change around the titles of my emails because we just have A LOT to do and the time is flying by! I realized that in about 3 months (almost) I will be at the top of the hill in my mission and then its all running downhill until the day of my last transfers meeting! It is so crazy to think about that! But for now in the little ole area de Buenavista we are working hard with some exciting things happening! This week we are hoping to see another baptism and in the next few on the 17th we are hoping to see two more baptisms!
 
This week was SOOOOOOOOO much better than this last week because everyone was home from the vacations de Easter! We got some more teaching in this week and we had some crazy experiences! we had one guy tell us he has not had a drink in 15 days and we are having another baptism interview tonight!!!
 
One of the guys that we are teaching off and on just became a focus this week! His family was baptized in October but he could not be baptized cause he was having a problem with drinking. A few weeks ago when I was with Elder Luis we went with the Bishop and we visited with this brother and the bishop started to talk with him and the Bishop asked "hno. do you want to be baptized" and the hno said "yes I have a desire to be baptized I know its true!" then the Bishop told him "well hno do you know what you need to do to be able to be baptized?" and the Hno. Told us " yes I know what I need to do I have to leave drinking" so we were like exactly! So the bishop told him "Hno. come to the church tomorrow and I want to give you an assignment! Elder Luis and I were like uhhh Bishop, what are you doing he is not a member. But of course we didn't say anything and the next night we saw the hno at the church and after that we did not know what had happened and we didn't visit him after that! This week Elder Ragle and I saw him and we asked how it was going and what was the assignment. He told us the Bishop gave him a blessing 15 days ago and since that day he had not had a drink! So we are setting a date with him this week!
 
Then the second exciting event this week was that our investigator that we had for last week was not baptized because there was confusion and we thought he had some other things to work on, so we postpone the baptism and come to find out all was fine and there was a miscommunication so all is well with him and he is excited for his interview. Yesterday we went and visited him and we had not said a thing about his interview and then he told us he was having the interview the next night. We are so excited for him!

So it was a good week! We did a lot of work and to top it all off we got approached by someone who was trying to bible bash with us. It was kind of funny cause he was a little tipsy We tried to use the "we have an appointment" trick and he was not going to let us go. We finally got him convinced that we had to go so he was like "give me 70 pesos" and we told him we didn't have 70 pesos that day so he asked for 20 pesos and we told him we were broke and he was like OK give me your phone that you have.... and I said hno you told us that you studied the bible and if you have studied the bible you will know that the 8th commandment is "Thou shalt not rob" you can't take this from us cause if you do God will give you bad luck and he got a little scared and was like OK OK thank  you and kissed my companions hand and we were like uhhhhh OK. Then he said God bless you and he left.

So yah interesting week and well ya love you all so much!
Elder Darcy

--
Elder Brett Jeffrey Darcy
Calle Porvenir No. 8
Col. Centro, Chalco
Edo. De Mèxico
C.P. 56600, Mèxico

No comments:

Post a Comment