Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Christmas, New Years, and More

January 12, 2015

HEYO!!

Well it has been a few weeks since I have written! Sorry about that! The last couple of weeks have been super busy as it always is for this time of year! And well............................WE ARE INTO 2015!!!! My mind is going a little crazy with the holidays and busy work schedule it can make a person them super tired!! The holidays were good here! We had two weird weeks of a half day work and then a day of rest thanks to the holidays! But all is well and it was a lot of fun! Christmas was great here I got to talk to my family  and it was cold - even Snowed a little bit! I know right crazy! Then new years was good with a ton of drunk people in the streets! Very interesting to say the least! And now 2015 WOW this is it the "final stretch" With the holidays over and people working again and all the kids back in school we could start to work harder now that everyone is home from vacations!

Christmas 2014 (the last one of the mission.....no way!) I can't believe that! I will start with the 24th! We only worked till 6 and then we spent the rest of the night with our investigator XXXXXl and that was fun! It got super cold and it even snowed a little bit! It got so cold that I had to pull out the nice dress coat that my dad told me I might not ever use in my mission! I have used it a few times since! I am glad that my dad sent it with me! Then the 25th was good it was one of the few day we could sleep a little more! Since Christmas was on a Thursday we had our weekly planning that afternoon! Then the most funny of all! we went shopping! Yes there was a store open on Christmas! it was crazy! At three here we had planned on talking to our families! Well we got to the apartment complex that we had planned on going to and the guard told us the family we had planned to go with was not there that they had left like 20 min before! I called my families to let them know that i was going to Skype a little later and we found another family to go with and i got to Skype my families!! That was great!

Then with the new year 2015 all was calm! It was like the week before where Wednesday we worked till 6 and Thursday we didn't work we just did our weekly planning session and we hung out with the other two Elders in our district! It was great because it was a calm day so we grilled up some burgers and hot dogs and just relaxed! the new year was not all that exciting because we could not go any where or do much because of all the drunk people out in the streets!

Then this last week was good with a sad story in the middle :/ We finally got back to work this last week as everyone got into the swing of things all over again! we had more work! during the two weeks of the holidays we had 11 lessons the week of Christmas and the week of new years 13 so this last week we passed 20 which was great cause I was ready to go crazy with such little work! but this work made it better! The sad story is that this next week we were going to baptize on of our investigators, but that didn't happen because she moved to Guadalajara so ya........ that is like a 12 hour drive from here... But we have received a lot of referrals here in our area so our work is cut out for us!

I love you all and hope that you have a good week!

Until next week!

Love 

Elder Darcy

--
Elder Brett Jeffrey Darcy
Calle Porvenir No. 8
Col. Centro, Chalco
Edo. De Mèxico
C.P. 56600, Mèxico

No comments:

Post a Comment