Monday, March 23, 2015

FELIZ NAVIDAD!!‏

December 22, 2014

FELIZ NAVIDAD!!

WOW I cannot believe that this Christmas season is already here!! It's so crazy! Well This last week was a busy one! We Had the transfers meeting on Tuesday and then we had the Mission Christmas activity on Thursday and to top that all off we had the Ward Christmas party on Saturday!!! So it was a pretty busy week! And now here we are the week of Christmas!! Wow, what a week it has been! I guess no matter back home or in the mission this time of year is always super busy! But it has been good so far And the best part is that this week I get to see my families faces!!

So ya transfers were this week! I am now with my new comp Elder Ponce who is from Honduras and he is super cool and super funny! He is fresh out of his training and he is super humble and is willing to walk a ton and just be happy! I do have to say though that I felt as if Tuesday was the longest day of my mission because when my companion  got here he didn't talk a lot so it was super quiet and I just want this day to end!!! But all ended up good and I realized that these were his first changes from his first area! So it makes sense that he was quiet cause I am sure that he was feeling a little different to be in anew place and with a new person!

Then Thursday we had our Mission Christmas activity and it was in the Ameca stake center in Volcanas and I realized that I would not mind finishing my mission there! The activity was good we got a little bit of instruction and we  did some practices! After that we had the activities! We started off with the white elephant gift game! Then  after it was a big talent show for the mission! There were some cool things there and I loved it! There was this cool one with a yo-yo and one of the Mexican tops!  Then there was also beet boxing with a guitar! President Crickmore ordered from some place to bring us tacos! Very yummy!! It caught me off guard a little to look at the mission and realize that I do not recognize over half of the mission! It's crazy! Then the best thing happened! For the first time in two years I ate pumpkin pie!! It was SO GOOD! I was in heaven and sad when it was gone!

The Ward Christmas party was fun and i enjoyed it was just a talent show with dinner and the kids beating on like 5 pinatas! But it was cool!

Well to be honest I am happy that this Christmas season is here! In this year as we have approached this great day I have thought a lot about a song that means a lot to me! It is from a show called the Forgotten Carols and I love that show but one of my favorite songs from that is "Three Kings Found The Lord" Part of the chorus of that song is "Three Kings found the Lord, so can we!" I know that is true that we can find The Lord wherever we are and that He will bless us always! This is a great time that we have to remember The Lord and his birth! We should always remember Him throughout the year in all that we do! But this is the best time of the year to be with families and remember Him and remember that #HeIsTheGift! 

I love you guys so much and wish you a Feliz Navidad!!!


Elder Darcy

--
Elder Brett Jeffrey Darcy
Calle Porvenir No. 8
Col. Centro, Chalco
Edo. De Mèxico
C.P. 56600, Mèxico

No comments:

Post a Comment