Wednesday, October 30, 2013

4 WEEKS IN!

October 14, 2013

Four weeks ago right now I was meeting my Mission president for the first time! It has been such a crazy and exciting journey thus far.  Right now we have 9 investigators and 4 progressing, those four still have a baptism date for November 2, it is so exciting! This was the week following conference and it was good. We got at least 2 new investigators because of Conference. This week was definatly different. We have what is called divisions (splits at home) we had divisions within our district and with the Zone Leaders. The first experience was not great. before I get in to this story I need to explain a few terms.

Bueno Missionario: A missionary who works hard and follows the rules.
Frito: a missionary that works but does not follow all of the rules
Muerte: A missionary that is dead does not work or follow any of the rules.
So my first story: I was with a missionary that goes home in January and he is between frito and muerte. it was really hard because between 12 and 6 we only had 3 lessons instead of 5-6. I didn't say anything to him but it was tough. I learned a lot about obedience and working that day.My opinion about working hard and following the rules that day was solidified when I went on divisions with my Zone Leader Elder Buchanan from Logan Utah. We had 9 lessons on Friday and we followed the rules and I had such a good time. 
 
It has been a good week with more teaching ahead. Coming soon will be a Picture from today, we had a futbòl tournament in the mission and it was so fun. We took third because we lost a chance to play in the finals in a penalty shot shoot out. Everyone from our mission was there and our Mission President was too.
My mission president is President Ckrickmore. He is from San Diego and as long as you work hard and other stuff he is super cool! He talks with everyone and he has a special place in his heart for each and every missionary here! He is very humble and funny too;) more info to come on President Crickmore next week because we have our three month interviews with him on Wednesday.
To finish i just want to say that:
yo se que nuestro padre celestial tiene mucho amor por todo de el hijos! y you se que nuestro salvador y redento VIVE! y sin esta iglesia my vid no tener paz y felizidad! you se que esa iglesia es verdad.
en el nombre de jesucristo amen!
I know that our Heavenly Father loves all of his children and that our Savior LIVES! and without this church I would not have peace and happiness in my life. I know this church is true!
LOVE YOU ALL AND MISS YOU but I am busy saving people so for now,
Nos vemos por menos que dos años!
See you in less than 2 years!
Love,
Elder Darcy
P.S anyone wondering where I am here is the info
Zona: Solidaridad (Mexico City Chalco Solidaridad stake)
Area: Independencia 1 (Independance Barrio)
--
Elder Brett Jeffrey Darcy

No comments:

Post a Comment