Wednesday, October 30, 2013

A Tougher Week

September 30, 2013

Hola!
 
This week has been tougher week. We had a zone meeting on Monday and I could not remember any Spanish!! I have also had different times of missing home have and having the "what the heck are you doing here Brett?" thoughts. After we had zone conference I had the chance to talk with my Mission President. As we talked he helped me work through some of this. Part of the problem I am having learning the language is that  my companion is a native who knows some English, but not a lot. When I ask him a question in Spanish I don't think he understands what I am asking and I don't know if I am speaking the language right or not.
 
Other than that he is a great companion and he works hard! He has been here for 6 months and the day I got assigned with him he became District Leader. He is a good worker, he likes to mess around, but also knows when it is time to get to work. I just have been struggling to learn how to speak Spanish with him.
 
The week has been good in spite of this constant struggle. Since I have gotten here we have had 8 investigators and right now all of them are on track to be baptized November 2, 2013, 11 years exactly from the date I was baptized! They all still want to continue learning  the gospel and to be baptized.
 
A cool thing about one of the families we are teaching, they had a shrine to the Virgin Mary on a table. When we went to get them for church yesterday more than half of it was gone, it was insane to think how much our teaching has helped them make this transition!
 
Since I have been here we have gotten a lot of rain! Last Sunday we got so much rain that the highway was flooded. I am also able to see some snow in the mountains!! I was excited to find out I have a Wal-Mart not only in my zone but my area!!
 
we are going to be at our Stake Center this week for conference and they have a separate room for the greenie gringos! The only time I have to write is at night and the letters go out once a week so it will be a while if anyone writes me to get a response.
 
 
This about sums it up for this week!
 
Love you all and remember,
 
El Vive

Elder Brett Jeffrey Darcy

No comments:

Post a Comment